Due to concerns for the safety of our members and our volunteers, we have made the very difficult decision to cancel our upcoming rehearsals and performances for The Taming of the Shrew and our Student Directed One Acts; Booby Trap and Fire Exit.
We have also canceled our membership meetings until further notice.
be sure to check out our membership facebook page to find YAG activities to do at home! Stay safe yaggers!
Yaggers designing shields for King Arthur and the Shoppes at Camelot! July 2019
Online YAG Membership Meetings
Hey Guys! do you miss YAG workshops? Well don't fret! We will be holding virtual workshops in the coming months! The workshops will be held on Zoom, and you can find the codes for those on the day of the workshop by going to our members only facebook page! Just type in "Young Actors Guild Members"
May 7th at 6pm
Playwriting workshop Presented by Colin Wells
May 12th at 6pm
Characterization workshop presented by J
May 18th at 6pm
Stage Management workshop presented by Ruby
Student Written Show
Since our last two shows of the year were cancelled, we are trying to put together one last show for the 2019 - 2020 season, but we need your help! We are looking for student written plays, full length or one acts, and students willing to direct them! If you or a friend has written a play submit it to by May 8th. (Alternatively, any play that does not have copyright on it.)
2020 - 2021 Youth Board Elections
It's that time for YAG Elections!
Continue reading for information on how to apply to be on the YAG youth board for the 2020 - 2021 season.
Below are short descriptions of what each board position does for the Young Actors Guild. If you are interested in running for board position, make a campaign poster and send it to by April 30 so we can share it on our instagram!
You must be 12 years old or older at the time of nomination to run for Hospitality, Fundraising, Publicity, Member at Large.
You must be 14 years old or older at the time of nomination to run for President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary.
- Schedule and run board meetings
- Coordinate with directors
- Communicate scheduling needs with MPAC
- Register YAG for events
- Assign deadlines and ensure follow through
- Fill in for president when they are unable to perform their duties
- In charge of tracking guild points
- responsible for confirming guest speakers
- Work with the adult treasurer to prepare and present monthly and annual finance reports to the board
- help to maintain the financial records of the organization
- Takes and distributes notes from board meetings
- Maintains a roster of all members of the theatre
- Responsible for planning social events
- Produces programs
- Responsible for concession and box office activity
- Contact businesses for fundraiser opportunities
- Contact businesses for program ads
- Organize and run fundraisers
- Manages social media
- Responsible for writing and distributing press releases
- Takes pictures and video at social events
Member at Large
- Creates and send out bi-weekly email to the membership
- Keeps an updated email list
- Liaison between board and membership